How to pair a game controller to the new Apple TV
The SteelSeries Nimbus game controller lets you play high definition games of on your new Apple TV. Just go through the points to know how to set up game controller to Apple TV.
To set up your Controller start at your Apple TV’s home screen
- Launch the Settings application on your Apple TV using the trackpad of your remote.
- Select “Remote and Devices” from the list of the main Settings menu.
- Under “Remote and Devices” menu choose” Bluetooth”.
- Put the game controller into pairing mode (for the SteelSeries Nimbus Wireless controller, you have to turn it on by holding the pairing button for a few seconds)
- Once the Apple TV finds the game controller, it will show you the list of devices.
- Scroll down and select the device. After selecting require device, controller will automatically pair with the new Apple TV.
- When the pairing process is over, you will see that controller is listed as Connected under My Devices. Once controller is connected, you will able to handle the games in much better and also use it to navigate the TVOS environment.
Note: You can also use the game controller’s joystick, plus A and plus B buttons to navigate the Apple TV. Button A select the item and B acts a back button.
How to add an iPhone or iPad as a game controller for Apple TV
You can use third party MFi game controller anywhere on your Apple TV, including non-gaming application and on the Home screen.
If you want to connect iPhone or iPad to use as a controller then firstly you have to launch the specific game on both the Apple TV and your iPhone or iPad. Follow the instructions for pairing both Apple TV and iPhone or iPad.
Troubleshoot while adding a game controller
If you are getting any issue when you added a third-party MFi controller then follow some steps which will help you to get rid of it.
- First of all check that your controller is charged or not, if not then charge it firstly.
- Restart your game controller as well as Apple TV.
- Make sure that your game controller is not connected to previously connected Bluetooth devices before attempting to pair with Apple TV.
- If you are still getting any issue then click on the device and under the Bluetooth screen click on “Forget Device”.